Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014! — Join the Mailing List!
Also check out the Ludum Dare 30 results!
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 74 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes, 29 seconds
  • (Time might be off, we’ll have it right soon) | Real World Gatherings (Now Open!)

7dRTS is over!

Posted by (twitter: @_sorceress)
    July 5th, 2013 3:24 am

7dRTS results!

IRC twitter reddit twitch resources

99 Amazing Entries!

Well done everybody!

204 Responses to “7dRTS is over!”

1. Bowiecube says:

Is there a specific time that we have to submit our games by for this jam

• sorceress says:

Someone else just asked me this :)

I didn’t specify any start or stop times, only dates. I get the impression that people would have been happier given a specific time, and I will remember that next time I host a game jam.

Monday the 29th is the final day of the contest — let’s call that submissions day. But because of different timezones, and because I need to sleep, It’s going to be at least tuesday morning before I lock the submissions form.

2. timtipgames says:

tuesday morning in which timezone? :p

3. James Daniello & Nicolas Ickovic says:

Is there anyone we can contact for support with this site? We just submitted out first entry but if we click to “view all entries” by us we get a 404 “not found”.

4. superjoe says:

Sometimes my entry doesn’t show up in the entries list.

5. James Daniello & Nicolas Ickovic says:

When does voting begin for this competition? Also, is there a page explaining how it works?

6. klianc09 says:

How is the voting supposed to work? There are only two scales, one which says “Rating” and another one unlabeled. I’m kinda confused what this is supposed to mean, and if we will be able to vote on the different categories.

7. citizenlion says:

Hi, I have a question about post submission changes. Could I put in:

A- Tuning variables changes: basically the game code does not change, but the map change subtly, the hero is slightly faster, etc. (the demo is slightly too difficult now, and a tiny nudge down would make it very challenging still, but winnable with mostly skill and a tiny bit of luck)

B- Minor bug fix that can be worked around but does affect gameplay significantly: eg. a bug caused by forgetting to initialize a variable (due to last minute coding and low blood-caffeine)

Sorry for asking what probably are probably elementary questions! First time submitter here.

Thanks,

• superjoe says:

I’m personally fine with it. I don’t know what the official rules are.

• sorceress says:

Update your game as much as you want. This isn’t as strict as a regular LD. :)

But if you leave a link to the original (unmodified) version of your game too, then everybody will know what is what.

• citizenlion says:

Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind for the future!

We were quite stressed this week so we didn’t really do anything to the build except to optimize the HTML5 port (it is now still slow but not crashing very quickly anymore). I think that fixing the port is more important than tuning the gameplay at this point ;)

The demo as it is as a one known minor gameplay bug that I have commented on and suggested a workaround. It is monstrously difficult, but still winnable with a healthy dose of luck :D (think of it as representing the final map of an RTS, not the first)

8. [...] Status: 7 Day RTS version released. [...]

9. [...] the famous, international game jamming website had a “7dRTS” challenge. The goal was to make an innovative RTS within 7 days. With Protocol-E in the works, we [...]

10. Mercur1c says:

Will 7DRTS become a regular thing?

• sorceress says:

It depends if the admins allow it.

I had the opportunity this year because it was my turn to host the miniLD, which is pretty much a once in a lifetime thing now that the community has gotten so big.

Or it could be separated from the ludum dare website and become a thing of it’s own.

11. Danex317 says:

I’ve never actually done a Ludum Dare before. Do we ever get to see our final own ratings? And when will voting close?

• sorceress says:

Do we ever get to see our final own ratings?

Of course. People will get to see them once the voting closes.

And when will voting close?

That will be just before we get to see our final ratings. ;)

(which will be in 2 weeks time)