Ludum Dare 29 — April 25th-28th Weekend [9 PM EST] — Theme: ??? (Theme Voting!)
  • Ludum Dare 29 Compo (48 Hour+Solo+Scratch+Src) Begins: in 2 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes, 38 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 29 Jam (72 Hour+Teams OK+Relaxed) Begins: in 2 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes, 39 seconds
  • [ MiniLD 50 | Warmup Weekend | Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Wallpaper ]

Hey MiniLD’ers

Posted by (twitter: @mikekasprzak)
    March 2nd, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey guys. You probably see why we don’t do rating during MiniLD’s now (just not enough turn-out). Looking at the logs, the most ratings any one game has is 8, then 5, 4, down to 0. Should I go ahead and close the MiniLD without rating? There’s really not enough data to give any fair comparison.

10 Responses to “Hey MiniLD’ers”

1. Madball says:

Wait… We can rate games?.. I didn’t know…

2. sorceress says:

It’s only been going 4 days. Not really long enough to conclude there won’t be enough data. ;) I say we give it another week.

Even if we only get 6-8 votes per game at the end, that’s actually quite a lot of data for sorting only 37 games. And it’ll probably give a fairer comparison than a main LD event, where there are 30 times as many games, but with only 3 times as many votes per game.

Also consider the fact that miniLD is much more informal than a mainLD, and that having precise results here doesn’t matter nearly as much.

And finally: A lot of people enjoy the voting, and it’s harmless. So I say let them have their pleasure. :)

3. kddekadenz says:

I didn’t join MiniLD, but I couldn’t login the last couple of days. I know from another guy from Germany who had the same problem.
      There always came the following Error: “invalid registration status”.

4. Hi,
      why not leave it open a little longer, won’t hurn … :)
      And I agree with sorceress, I’d rather have a few votes than no feedback at all!

5. Hayawi says:

I agree, leave it open about another week or so. There may not be a lot of votes, but there will be enough to conclude what to do better when the real competition comes

6. PoV says:

Okay, I’ll leave it open for a while longer. We’ll reconvene next week.

7. Milo says:

If nothing else, I think voting is a pretty good motivation for people to actually play games and leave comments.