This is my post-mortem for my 1st Ludum Dare game, Death Star.
What went right
- Finished the game in 48hrs! This was my 1st priority.
- Ate 3 meals a day and got some decent sleep during compo
What went wrong
- Game controls suck! Apparently everyone who played the game complain about the crosshairs being too difficult to control with the arrow keys. I think part of the problem was that pressing a key would cancel all other keys. So, once you were ready to shoot (by pressing the spacebar) this would cancel the crosshairs from moving. I think using a mouse would remedy this fine
- Game only renders (correctly) in webkit browsers
- Music track does not loop properly
- Not a orignal story nor game, but what do you expect in 48hrs
- I left a boiled egg too long in my microwave which resulted in a big mess!
Participating in this event was a lot of fun. The people here are just awesome! I love reading their posts and viewing the in-game progress screenshots.
Here’s to an awesome 2013 year and I wish you all success!