Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: Connected Worlds
  • Judging Ends: in 17 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes, 33 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Warmup Weekend (Games) | MiniLD #53 | Wallpaper (1) (2) (3) | Mailing List ]

[ Play+Rate | Edit | View All Games | My Game ]

Ludum Deals for LD25

Posted by (twitter: @mikekasprzak)
    December 12th, 2012 10:02 pm

Deals! Here’s a list of offers and other things.

• BlackBerry Port-A-Thon 2 — RIM offering $100 for each ported app. Some free devices too. 36 hours starting Friday, but they end before LD does. HTML5, AIR (Flash), Native C/C++ (Unity, Marmalade). Finished.
    • 10% off BetaForce Server Hosting – Use Promo Code: LD4825 (More) – EDIT: Fixed
    • Excelsior JET Java->Native (no JRE) – $10 For Charity Promo (Regular Price $1200+)
    • PlayCanvas Beta Access – 3D HTML5 Tools
    • One Game a Month – Bonus EXP for signing up this weekend
    • Unity Pro 4 Extended TrialT3-NVU8-A2TH-8ESV-UHA4-KJZT – Good for 3 months! – Provides Unity Pro 4.x, Team License 4.x, iOS Pro 4.x, Android Pro 4.x, and Flash Pro 4.x. Expires March 14th, 2013. Ignore mentions of “30-day Unity Pro Trial” during setup. It is wrong. The code is still good until March 14th. Download Unity. Read the PDF. All 400 codes used! Thanks everyone!
    • Genetica 4.0 – 40% “End of the World” discount. Tools for Procedural texture generation.

If you’d like to submit your own deal, you can post details and a link in the comments below, or send me an e-mail. Keep in mind I don’t have a lot of time, but if you need a confirmation or just to ping me once it’s posted, go ahead and mail me. When I have a chance I’ll add it to the list. Also it should be relevant to what we do here (i.e. make games).

26 Responses to “Ludum Deals for LD25”

1. kibertoad says:

Probably makes sense link this info (posted it separately, but it obviously got lost quickly):

Excelsior JET devs are running a promo till December 31, you can get a Java-to-native compiler for $10:

Might be useful for those of LD participants, who use Java, to broaden their audience (not everyone is prepared to install JRE)

• Datw says:

I’m not so sure we can use this tool for ludum dare, since it is not free. Great deal nontheless, I’m taking it!

• Fadobo says:

I don’t see the problem. There are no rules that the tools you use have to be free. Quote:

-All publicly available libraries and middleware are allowed.
          -All content creation, and development tools are allowed. (3dsmax, Photoshop, Flash, etc)

Which both apply to E JTE. (Publicly available != free)

2. PlayCanvas (http://playcanvas.com/) has beta places available for any Ludum Dare entrants who are interested in making 3D HTML5 games.

Email support@playcanvas.com with “Ludum Dare” in the subject.

3. McFunkypants says:

I’d be grateful if this was included in the post:

The #onegameamonth challenge is proud to extend a free bonus 100xp to anyone in the Ludum Dare community who signs up this weekend! http://onegameamonth.com

I suppose I could put it there myself… but, well, I’ll let Mike decide. =D

4. nastanley says:

Actually, for the BlackBerry port-a-thon, its $100 for *each* app, up to 20 max. So if you’re sitting on some old code for games you’ve made in the past, you could cash out this weekend.

Background: BlackBerry is building its app catalog for BlackBerry 10 launch January 30th. Games are definitely welcome (and there are many already).

Would you mind clarifying “Not useful for LD games”? If you use html5, or AIR, or native C/C++ (Unity game engine, marmalade, etc) to build games, then you can likely easily re-package for BlackBerry 10 and earn $100 because all those platforms are supported: http://developer.blackberry.com

• PoV says:

No problem. What I was trying to say is that your event ends long before ours, so it’s not like we could make a game for Ludum Dare this weekend, and port it after to still make the promo. But yeah, I didn’t do a very good job saying this.

• nastanley says:

Thanks for the reply. We’re big fans of what the LD community is/has/will be doing. Good luck with your event and thanks for including a mention of the port-a-thon in there. Happy to see that both events will offer opportunities for success to game devs.

• mocker says:

You really should clarify this part as it might throw a lot of people off:

Q: Is my app eligible for the All Aboard BlackBerry 10 Port-A-Thon?

A: If your BlackBerry WebWorks, Adobe AIR, Native SDK or Cascades NDK app has not already been successfully ported to BlackBerry 10 OS then that app is eligible for this Port-A-Thon.

They actually updated it and when you first posted it was just for apps already in the BlackBerry market that had not been ported to the latest OS, which probably would have disqualified just about everyone here. So it’s super awesome they opened it up but still only for the platforms mentioned above.

• Osgeld says:

can RIM actually afford 100$ ?(snicker)

5. grantmoore3d says:

I just started the competition now (had to work) and missed the Unity link, does anyone have the install available? I’d love to get Pro for 90 days to try out.

6. Urfoex says:

I guess the Unity deal is over …
      “Serial exceeds maximum number of activations”

7. apophenia says:

Oh noooooo! I’m so mad at myself for not cashing in the Unity deal! Ack ack ack!

Oh well… I guess this is a good excuse to try out PlayCanvas. ;)