I am declaring my intent to participate in Ludum Dare XXV. Last time out was one of my more successful entries, even if I only got what I would consider a passing score. This time I plan on taking it further. Here are my tools:
- pencil, paper, eraser, ruler, iPad
My usual set of guidelines:
- KISS – Keep It Simple, Stupid! Making something too complex is just a recipe for a headache at 1pm on Sunday afternoon.
- Finish most of the work by Saturday night so I can spend Sunday polishing.
- Don’t run into dumb problems that eat up eight hours.
- Doodle/Pixel art style. I usually sketch something and then do some post-scanning modifications. I’m not a great artist, so sometimes I’ll just draw half of the object and mirror it to keep it symmetric. I now have an iPad, so I will probably experiment by drawing on it with a stylus.