Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: Connected Worlds
  • Judging Ends: in 12 days, 22 hours, 46 minutes, 12 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Warmup Weekend (Games) | MiniLD #53 | Wallpaper (1) (2) (3) | Mailing List ]

[ Play+Rate | Edit | View All Games | My Game ]

Warmup Weekend – Ludum Dare 25

Posted by (twitter: @mikekasprzak)
    December 5th, 2012 2:29 pm

No surprise, Warmup Weekend is back!

Between now and Ludum Dare 25′s start time, you should make sure that your tools work. Make some art, import it, and draw it on screen. Make some sounds, import them, and play them on cue. If you’re using a new development tool, learn it.

Bullet point summary:

• No rules or limits. This is practice.
    • Learn your development tools! Write some code, run it.
    • Make some art, get it on screen, make it move.
    • Print some text to the screen. Print some text to a log (if applicable).
    • Make some sound, get it in game, make it play.
    • If you’re motivated enough, make your experiments in to a game!
    • Make something that should take “hours”, not 2 days.
    • Then package it up, put it online.
    • No time or day limit. But if you have no other plans this weekend, why not?

If you like what you’ve done, feel free to share it.

[ Submit Here | View all Warmup Games ]

We’re just getting started!

More Jams going on: Hack-a-Jam, Indie Speed Run

13 Responses to “Warmup Weekend – Ludum Dare 25”

1. TomK32 says:

Oh what a fool I was to write a new, short game on Sunday. I could have posted it here. You forgot a few things though:

* Instructions screen for player
      * Add a win/lose condition (if applicable)

2. mantis says:

I’m preparing a snazzy pack of 7 games, written all over the week (3 done so far). Will submit it as one package on Sunday, till then I’ll be just doing update posts once a day :)

3. Codexus says:

It’s always good to practice before the actual thing. I never do it and I always regret it…

4. Zccc says:

why is this Ludum Dare longer? It’s a good thing, because I have plans for the first two days :P

• PoV says:

It’s not longer, this is just the warmup. The main event is still next weekend, and it’s still 48/72 hours. This is an opportunity to prepare, and a centralized way to share those prep games.

5. PoV says:

In case you didn’t catch this on Twitter, Sophie made some corrections to my post.

6. davidwparker says:

Sounds good in theory… too bad school projects are due soon!

7. Jiggawatt says:

I’m thinking of learning a new framework for this LD, so a warmup will be crucial. Just something really rudimentary to process graphics, audio, input, and a mechanic like collision detection the way I’d do in the compo.

8. Madball says:

I haven’t used my framework for several month… And suddenly there is Ludum Dare. I plan to combine Hack-a-Jam and warmup.

9. bndwagn_junglst says:

Progress from warmup, day one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2FNqE1rE70

10. kvik lån says:

kvik lån…

Ludum Dare » Blog Archive » Warmup Weekend – Ludum Dare 25…