But close enough!
Certainly didnt get around to a few major features that Id really hoped for (like being able to steal a car – kinda important in a game that references Grand Theft Auto)
But I’m certainly happy with what I did get done over the weekend. ‘Super Theft Auto’ is a good start for an interesting little mini game.
You can play the current version of the game at the following link after installing the plugin (links/instructions are on the page- the only major OS not supported is OSX):
[LINK] (youll also find it on the CharityGameJam games submission screen of course)
Theres also a link on the page to a .blend download of the setup for the computer VideoTexture scene, youll need Blender 2.64a if you want to mess around with it.
- A game within a game – You start in a 3D world with a 3D computer, the (kinda) NES style game plays on the screen of the Funkytron computer (press space to zoom in and focus on the screen to actually see what youre doing)
- Large city area to explore (sadly only on foot at this stage)
- Pedestrians wander around the city (they make good target practice)
- Cars driving around (rare and very basic implementation)
- Gun ammunition to pick up
- Basic scoring system (you can score points for killing people)