Aloha from Montana!
It’s time to celebrate two things! I’m going to do Ludum Dare 25, regardless of when in December it is! Secondly, I’ve got an upgrade of tools!
- Language: Lua
- Framework: LÖVE
- Code Editor: Sublime Text 2
- Music Composition Software: MuseScore
- Audio Editor: Adobe Audition/Encore CS6
- Image Editor: Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Ussuri Engine written specifically for Ludum Dare 25.
Note: I’ll lock my code in officially as Ludum Dare 25 approaches, but the GitHub links above will provide a snapshot of what I’m working on.
What I learned from last time:
- You don’t have time to recreate Unreal Engine 4.
- Gameplay is kinda important.
- If you aren’t focused or you aren’t having fun, take a break.
- Vote as early after submission ends as possible — it killed my ranking last time around because I slept for 4 days following the competition.
- Remember that it isn’t about ranking, it’s for yourself.
In preparation I’ve been making a series of awful short timespan games I’m calling “S-Games” (take a guess as to why, screenshot) so I can practice finishing things, even though I finished in LD #24, it didn’t feel like I would. Two weekends before I’ll probably do a full-on practice with a few friends.
I do guess this is a little early, but to all those who think that they might do this upcoming Ludum Dare, do it! It’s a lot of fun even if it does drain your energy completely for a weekend.