New monster and zone almost done!
Check out the video:
I’ve been working with physics and lighting.
I had some problems to optimize the entire theme of light and shadow with the mobile hardware, because some older devices do not support anything but OpenGL1.1 and the ones supporting OpenGL2 only have two lights (hardware acceleration) dynamics, and are directional.
I also had a hard time trying to coordinate all the events of the generation systems and balance enemy load, these are synchronized via environment variables with the AI, once you load the level you meet certain standards for each part phase, it run macros that direct action through the gaming experience.
I made several models in 3DStudio and Maya, textures with Photoshop and it has been more difficult than I thought, but also a lot of fun
I’m making a summary of what I’ve done since the last update:
- Added a compass (triangle in front of the avatar) to know where to go next
- Creation of optimized materials compatible with light and shadow
- Creating a new enemy: mini skeleton, with its animations, etc..
- Creation of a series of doors with different animations, particle systems and so on, that are synchronized to provide a consistent flow to the game
- Including transients and environmental sound effects are played according to a given priority
- resource optimization: its a need to use the least number of objects in memory and AI’s possible, it’s an art to know how to do this and mantain the FPS high, almost between 40-60+
In six days I have to submit the game to the markets.
And it is working in Blackberry PlayBook, iPhone4+, iPad (1,2,3), Pc (win,linux,mac), etc