So! I’m making a multiplayer game! Where you have to register!
So. It’s my first time making anything online. I’m using Construct Classic. I can load data from the web (Dropbox ), but I have no idea how to update it there.
- Dropbox-based server can only be updated from my computer. Yours won’t be able.
- The information you pass to me must be secure. At least username and password.
- I came with an idea of YOU making a dropbox file, where you will pass me whatever is needed. Including username and password. Again, security. I don’t know Dropbox well, it seems you can privately give me files using it.
- I don’t think I’ll be able to make an automatic information reciever in time. I can at least track which files were updated, but I’ll have to read them manually. It can be in the post-compo thought.
- Graphics. The not-game I make requires TONS of graphics. I’m not sure if I will need any help, but if I will, is there someone who can draw with computer better than me and willing to help me?
- I just thought that no password is okay. Because everything you do (until there is an automatic reader) will pass through me, and I can see if you are the owner of the profile. But there will be no privacy this way (But the kind of game I make doesn’t suppose privacy).
So… You are not forced to help, but the quality and user-friendliness of my game will be dependent on the amount of your help.