At the suggestion of a friend, I decided to submit my game to IGF China 2012. Of course, for it to have any chance against the other submissions, I’ve spent the whole week improving the post-compo version.
Frankly, I’m not really expecting to win at all, I just wanted to have another deadline to spur me into completing it. Yeah, it is deadlines that greatly motivates me to get things done.
So here are all the changes I’ve made for the latest version:
- Improved UI and Graphics
- Ability to shoot and repair tiles
- Difficulty tweaks
- Control, Mouse and Volume Settings
- More music and SFX
- Bug fixes
I must say that I am really happy on how the game turned out. Granted, there are lots more to improve upon, but being a game that is completed at a very short time-frame, I’m actually pretty proud of myself right now.
Thanks, Ludum Dare.