I still can’t believe that I made it in time.
About 4 hours before deadline my game wasn’t even playable. I didn’t have monsters, levels, money and ingame tutorial. So much to do but only 4 hours left. I was like supper effective and producing terrible code at the same time. It definitely shows that nothing is impossible.
And this is how the final product look like:
My work here is done.
What I would do better next time:
1. More time management - working at 100% efficiency isn’t enough. Next time I’ll make milestones at the early beginning.
2. Homemade html5 engine – It’s already simple to write game for html5 canvas. But some things are still stealing precious time for example particle engine, advanced trigonometry functions and content management. But with those extra features canvas is just perfect.
3. Making music in early stages – I don’t like making music but game without music is worse.
4. Plan some time for testing – my game would have been much better if I’d had just one more hour to play it trough and make minor changes.