Alas, I cannot enter this time… school exams and such… OH WELL
but fun fact August 25th is my birthday so you guys are all giving me games for my birthday!!!
Last time was my first time and I came 20th for fun and 52nd overall… pretty good! Here’s my tips:
Pro-Tip for first timers:
- Buy/read the game jam survival guide
- Prepare – read people’s tips and suggestions, like you’re doing now :D
- Stick to what you know / If you want to use anything new practice it now.
- Get in the community: Get on the IRC/test peoples game/get people to test your games. I actually probably had the most doing this :D (also don’t worry if you don’t think your game is as good as other peoples, not every game be ANT SURF HERO)
- Everyone is a winner! Just make something you want to make.