I hereby announce my participation in Ludum Dare #24!
This is my first game making competition and I’m very excited but also a little bit frightened due to my lack of experience and the short time frame. :O
Probably I will take a day off after LD to be able to fully focus on developing the whole weekend.
I decided to use LibGDX because I know Java, the library is powerful and it allows for easy deployment to different platforms.
- Main library: LibGDX
- Language: Java
- Target platforms: Desktop with Java (Windows, Mac OS, Linux), HTML5/WebGL
- Optional target platform: Android
- Development platform: Desktop gaming PC with Windows 7 (x64)
- Style: Probably 2D with very basic physics
- IDE: Eclipse
- Graphics: GIMP, Inkscape, Shader Maker, Hiero, LibGDX Particle Editor, Physics Body Editor
- Audio: Bfxr, Aviary Music Creator ?
- Misc: LibGDX Project Setup, Chronolapse, Git, GitHub
- Additional resources: Some helper classes I wrote for LibGDX, basic shaders and debug textures. I will push them to this repository ASAP.
While preparing for the competition I have discovered a couple of useful links which might be of use for other beginners:
Popular tools for Ludum Dare: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/tools/
Sol’s Ludum Dare survival guide: http://sol.gfxile.net/ldsurvival.html
Good luck everyone!
I pushed some helper classes as well as a few debug and example assets and tools to my Git repository: https://github.com/brookman/libgdx-resources
Maybe I will use some of it in my game (especially my LibGDX classes). The game source itself will be available after the event on this repository.