Ok, I admit that my interpretation of contrasts idea is way too primitive. But when I designed gameplay in the begining i thought it would be more flexible and I could expand it with some contrast specific features. Well, I was wrong :< I planned to compile several colors in player’s trail and each color would damage contrastly colored enemies. It turned out that it was bad idea, so I focused on one color with different behaviours – that makes much more fun and brings some real challenge.
So in the end, the only reference to contrast is game’s visual style and color scheme (black-white, blue-orange).
I didn’t use much code from past projects – FlashPunk and Dame perfectly handle all routines.
Here is the first concept where gameplay is just established and then quiclky I switched on tileset and finished it in about 4 hours. Level design took major part of my time and I ended up with 7 levels. I’m not done with this project yet, I think I will spend another week on it after short rest.
Anyway, meet Eruption! Tho i don’t like this name… probably because it sounds much like Erection =\ Opened for offers!