And it’s over! Thanks to the 30 guys who actually tried their hands at such a challenging theme!
Happening at your house from July 9th all the way to the 15th!
What do I mean with ‘Contrasts’?
I mean everything!
Be it graphics (i. e. green on red), physics (Think magnets) or the gameplay (Die to win). Else, just go crazy and make something that’s the total opposite of a usual game!
- Do you have that one framework you made, but couldn’t use for LD, because you didn’t want to make it public domain? Here’s your chance. Grab it and use it! (Don’t write your whole game beforehand, though.)
- No need to add your source. You can still do that, though.
- Feel free to work in a team, if you want to!
- More time. I’ll give ya a week. Really relaxed, to get warm for LD.
One week is too easy? Well, try some of these challenges.
- Implement a single piece of everything: music, SFX, a single finished sprite – All that stuff. Just use your skills to the fullest.
- Use at least 8 colors per sprite. (Get that thing colored!)
- Go funky – Every color used must have it’s contrasting color implemented (Use blue, get orange in there – red, green – black, white.)
And that’s about it so far.
If you have further questions, ask away in the comments or tweet me here.