I decided to port TPod from Python over to something that runs in a browser, and Silverlight won out as the technology to do it in. It was largely a toss-up between a Java applet and C# Silverlight, and since I work in Java daily I figured I’d refresh my C# skills.
I would have posted this during the compo, but my productivity wasn’t exactly at competition levels and I literally ported the last feature the day voting ended. Which is probably good, since I don’t think this really should count under the “porting” provision. This wasn’t just a “tweak a build file and correct a backslash” kind of port. This was a “rip the guts out, since even the language itself is fundamentally different” kind of port. Those who played the Python version should recognize the game, but will see I implemented some of the suggestions from the comments. The source code largely mimics the Python code, though Silversprite/XNA do things a bit differently than PyGame, and I did refactor and implement some things better now that I had time for such luxuries as “encapsulation”.