Home | Rules and Guide | Sign In/Create Account | Write a Post | Reddit | | #ludumdare on irc.afternet.org (Info)

Ludum Dare 29 — April 25th-28th Weekend [9 PM EST] — Theme: ??? (Slaughter Ends Soon!)
  • Ludum Dare 29 Compo (48 Hour+Solo+Scratch+Src) Begins: in 7 days, 13 hours, 25 minutes, 23 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 29 Jam (72 Hour+Teams OK+Relaxed) Begins: in 7 days, 13 hours, 25 minutes, 24 seconds
  • [ MiniLD 50 | Warmup Weekend April 19th-20th | Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Wallpaper ]

I call first 8hLD

Posted by
    May 9th, 2012 2:15 am

So making games in 48 hours is not challenging anymore for you? How about making game in a WORK DAY? Think you could do that? Well, we can see about that!

I call first 8h LD

The rules of it are similar to “normal” LD, but you have to make game and submit it in 8 hours!

So how about it? Will you participate or are you chickening out?

The jam will begin at Saturday 26th May on 08:00 AM CEST and will end on 04:00 PM CEST. You have to make and submit game before it ends.

The jam theme is DRAGONS.

UPDATE:
    Voting will start at Monday, 0:00 CEST and will start up until Sunday 23:59 CEST. Only people registered before May 9th can vote (to avoid votefarming).

Next 8hLD or NanoLD as it’ll be known from now on (unless this name is already taken, tell me about this then) will be organised better, I promise.

Tags: , ,

44 Responses to “I call first 8hLD”

1. CNIAngel says:

In 8 hours? Challenge considered lol

2. Keirua says:

Too bad I’m not available, since the challenge looks quite interesting. I’m curious to see what you guys are gonna come up with

3. Challenge accepted, sir. I will see you on the fields of battle.

4. onefineline says:

Oh fun! Another totally psycho MiniLD! And I’m not being sarcastic. This is cool.

5. jimmypaulin says:

A very interesting proposition, likely to involve much hackery… Tell me, would you be willing to yield on start time for those across the pond /other side of our verdant orb with our antisocial time zones?

6. Madball says:

I think I am in, but I won’t be able to start in time… I won’t be able to do full 8 hours. Does it count if I’m in from 12:00 till 15:00 and then from 19:00 till 24:00?
      I am wondering what can I do in 8 hours XD

7. davidllanos22 says:

8 hours to make a game about dragons mmmmmmm consider me in! :D

8. NeiloGD says:

I should be able to manage this, I think. I keep wanting to make games :3

9. Killswitch says:

I accept your challenge except I want to make a game in a different time.

10. Posting the theme this far in advance just lets people build their game now, with plenty of time.

11. Lets see 8 hours to make a game? Totally crazy idea, but I think I am in. Nothing like pushing yourself to the limits.

12. MadGnomeGamer says:

Cool! I made a good 13 games in 8 hours for the whoever-makes-the-most-games-wins mini-LD, so I know I can do it!

13. mocker says:

It usually takes me longer than that to get my dev environment setup

14. davidllanos22 says:

I have an idea for this so I’m totally ready :D

15. Darkhog says:

OK, I wasn’t available for a while but here’s my response:
      1. Time for people in different timezones: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

If you want to cheat… Well, that’s your business.

I am wondering what can I do in 8 hours XD

Well, you can, but please do timelapse then where your systemclock will be always visible so others won’t be able to tell you you cheated.

That’s all. I won’t probably participate though. I’m not that hardcore. Yet. And working on my labyrinth game.

16. [...] the 27th, there’s an 8-hour LD. The theme is dragons. If you haven’t participated in a full Jam due to lack of time, [...]

17. Chaoseed says:

I tried Klik of the Month, but 2 hours was just too short.

8 hours, however…Hmmmmmmmm

18. 7Soul says:

If you’re too lazy to convert the time, just check this countdown: http://tinyurl.com/first8hLD

19. BomberBox says:

Is there ny more informtion on this, for exmple where to send games when finished?

20. shubshub says:

Yea what BomberBox said
      Ive also finally got inspiration to build a small game

21. shubshub says:

May the best Programmer win

22. shubshub says:

Where do we upload our games to when we are finished?

23. Darkfrost says:

Well, here’s mine :p It’s not really finished but oh well, I woke up late and only had 4 hours! :p
      Windowsexe

24. Darkhog says:

Next 8hLD will be organized better! Voting will start on Monday and will end on Sunday.

25. shubshub says:

I signed up the day before the NanoLD and submitted a Game can is till vote?

26. shubshub says:

I think a Better name for it would be MicroLD

27. gritfish says:

I’ve posted my entry as a comment here, but it’s still needing moderation?

28. MadGnomeGamer says:

LOL 2 votes…. makes me wish I had joined I could’ve controlled 33% of the voter turnout! :P Kinda dissapointing though.

29. shubshub says: