Dunscape was my first LD, and more or less my first “finished” game too.
What went right:
- I had a lot of fun during this LD! It’s almost certain that I will participate to next!
- I know most better the langage and library now.
- I have finished the game on time!
- My random room/world generator work pretty well.
What went wrong:
- My time management! I have used only 17 of the 48h available and the victory condition of the game isn’t actually nice because of that
- I really need to train my drawing skill, I’m only proud of my rat!
- I had the idea of the game before having the theme and “just” adapted the game to it, I’m not sure if it’s the good way to do a good game.
- It’s hard to speak/write english during a whole week-end without knowing the language well!
Finally, I m not disappointed by my participation, I did not know if I will have the ability to succeed but apparently I got it!
The game looks to be classified as “difficult”, but it is a choice, I always found the roguelikes difficult although I love them, and I wanted to try to honor them! Next time I will try maybe to make a game in ASCII if I do another roguelike game ^^