As promised, here comes the first post-compo version of my LD 23 game Bottlecolonies. I evaluated a lot of the feedback you gave me on my LD entry and tried to improve the game with different additions and changes. If you click the link below, you can see that this is just the first beta version for the finalized game. At the moment there is only the windows executable. I’m working on a Linux port but have to try out if the subfolder works first. The changes from the LD version so far:
- Add: +1 bonus point if a building is placed next to any park
- Change: -6 point for discarding a tile
- Add: second music track
- Add: new map, selectable as level 3. The old level 3 is hidden behind level 2. If you beat level 2 you automatically will play the old level 3 next.
- Change: goal scores for prosperous colonies changed for new bonus points
- Change: subfolder for assets
- Add: elliptic marker where next tile will be placed
Further updates will include:
- More maps
- At least one more music track
- Additional buildings for the end game to make the game more interesting
- Saved highscore per level
Even if you have played it before, you should try it out again. The changes in the score system have a big impact on available strategies. In case you haven’t rated the original version yet, you can find it here.
And last a screenshot of the new map: