Well… It’s a question some of you probably ask themselves, so here’s what I learned so far:
- Rate games made by others. If your Coolness rating is zero (zilch, nada, null), that’s exactly how many ratings you can expect to be getting every day.
- Write a post-mortem. It’s a good thing to do both for you, and for others. You will spend some time thinking about what you did, others will benefit from reading your thoughts. Include a link to your game in the post-mortem there.
- Whenever you comment, just don’t click the stars, that’s pretty much gaming the coolness system. Leave a comment – spend that minute or so and point out things that you liked and disliked. Try being positive there – for a lot of people (like me!) it’s a first-time experience, and words of encouragement do wonders.
- Offer to rate games made by others, they will be happy to return the favor!
- Encourage others to rate games, not only yours, but overall. Karma will do the rest. #LD48 Twitter hashtag is a nice tag you can use.
- Just don’t be uncool.