This is my first time I participate in Ludum Dare. I have never made any games in such little time, but I’m glad that I got my game finish in time and take part in a contest which has 1400+ entries.
This is the link to my entry, Magic House, : http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=12912
After completing my entry and submitting it to the site, I found a few good things and bad things that happened while making it.
What went right :
- I got the models, game-play, level design completed the way I want it to be.
- The models aren’t bad. They’re sort of acceptable.
- Scripting went smoothly. There aren’t so many bugs going on.
What went wrong:
- Run out of time : Though my entry is Jam but I didn’t have 72 hours to work on it. In fact, I had only less than 48 hours.
- I planned to have too many models in the scene. I don’t want players to see the same objects every single level. And since I’m not entirely a great modeler, modeling part took lots of time.
- No audio : I always have problem when it comes to making music. I have never worked on music before, so this part is kinda tough. Not mention, I had no time left to work on music.
Though there are lots of mistakes within my first Ludum Dare, I’m glad that I take part in and learn about time management. I’m looking forward to join LDD again next time.