Wow, what a weekend! This was my second Ludum Dare, and it was awesome (as expected). I already rated 50 games, and some of them are amazing! I want to congratulate you all for making and finishing a game. Finishing a game is hard, and you did it!
Allright, enough about you, let’s talk about me! (Hmm.. that doesn’t sound very nice). Anyways, I made a game as well. And to be fair, I think this is one of the best games I have ever made. I’m really happy with it, and of course it has some flaws, but I’m gonna change those in the future. Now, let’s start the post-mortem!
What went right?
Coming up with an idea – I have no idea how I got this idea, the whole story and gameplay just popped up in my head.
Making graphics – This went so much better than expected, I really underestimated my own pixelart skills!
Programming the game properly – Maybe not the way of coding the game, but how I placed my codes and named my variables.
Finishing the game – That is always something good, right?
What went wrong?
Bugs! So many bugs! – I had some serious bugs, but there was the IRC chat that helped me out of the trouble! Thank you IRC ♥
Balancing the game – And I mean this programming based. I needed a formula that makes the monsters spawn more quickly / more at once. SLiV helped me with this, thanks!
It all went too easy, so I was slacking off – I didn’t had much of a big game. Since it’s a small arcade game, it wasn’t much work. Because of this I took things too easy, and slowed myself down instead of working with the full 100%
Creating music – I suck at creating music. Thank god the “random 8-bit music maker code” showed up. It really helped me a lot, and I’m going to use it more in the future!
I hope you all enjoyed this Ludum Dare as much as I did! Can’t wait for next Ludum Dare to make an even more awesomer game!