The prototype I’ve got as of the end of day 2. You can move an avatar around, and there are two screens, which you can move between.
In a sense, the game here or at least the code is “done”, at this point it’s just making more screens. However I’m very worried about time. I’d wanted to be further along by now than I actually am.
I just spent the last two hours on an incredibly disheartening, basically failed attempt to add music, most of it spent digging through boxes desperately trying to find a 1/4-inch audio cable. (I eventually managed to jury rig a cable by plugging a bunch of adapters together; I then discovered one of the cables was broken.) By the end of all this I was very loopy but I had an ogg file, which then wouldn’t play; after half an hour, and crazy lengths like rolling back vcs, trying to figure out why I couldn’t get any ogg files to play, I realized I had typed a line like “bgmusic = new Sound()”. Problems here: (1) that is a line of C++; (2) the program is written in Lua. At this point I realized I was badly messing myself up by trying to do this without sleep. So: Sleep now