I tried to sleep for at least 6 hours, but didn’t manage at all. After tossing a bit at bed (maybe all the caffeine?) I decided to wake up early(er) and come back for the dare.
Yesterday was a bit disappointing. I got a bit done regarding mechanics, but I’m still waaaay waaay behind what I hoped to be at this point in time. Anyway, after breakfast I sat up and wrote down my tasklist for these 24 hours:
- Write Cat Pounce Behavior
- Smooth out Mob animation
- Prepare a simple sound engine, to avoid sound bombs
- Make the “foodsource” object generic, to prepare for multiple food sources
- write a message center for the game
- write the Human mob (variation of cat)
- Allow player to dig tunnels/make new stairs
- New Content (Map, new sprites, prettify)
- Extras (if there is time) – Children, Underground base building.
As I write this down, the only thing that dawned on my mind is – No way that I’m going to make all of this in 24 hours
But let’s see how far I can go!
Good luck everyone.