Last night had its difficulties (power went out, of course) but at least it might make for a more interesting timelapse – slowly watching my battery drain away. I got a few more hours sleep than planned as well, which is only a good thing on the first night. I feel like tonight will be a tough one, wont be getting much sleep at all.
Either way, since the last post heres the updated ‘implemented feature list’ so far (new stuff in bold) -
- Cockroaches ( basic behavior programmed and simple model) – now animated
- Basic test area for testing features – with some items to collect
- Player setup and physics (basic walking animations, movement, physics (you can fall over) and camera-look done so far)
- Dynamic lighting initial setup (dynamic shadows working)
- Player recovery – you can now get back up if you fall over
- Running and jumping
- Inventory (going to keep it basic, since the system I made is very simple)
- Doors which only open if you have the right key
- Spiders – fully animated with walking and idle animations
- The players main ‘power’ – the ability to take over small creatures (and hence the theme)
Next up I want to give the player a proper light source, and a model for cutscenes and the intro animation. Then its time to get into some serious level design and put all of these features to use.
Couple of screenshots: