Hi everyone! I’m going to do everything I can to take part in this Ludum Dare compo (or jam, depending on my available time, theme and so on)! This is going to be my third LD entry and definitely a lot of fun, as usual!
This time I’m going to break my crazy habit of learning languages on-the-fly – I’ll probably stick to Flashpunk/Flixel (although I haven’t used any of these for some time), because I’m quite sure I won’t have enough time during the weekend to pick up Haxe (but yeah, I’m going to… soon). However, I do have some learning goals to achieve during the compo (mostly regarding game architecture, but also – prepare schedule, stick to it, try to write some simple game design document, work more efficiently, etc.), but some of these will also depend on what kind of game I will try to make.
So, to sum up:
- language: AS3 + Flashpunk/ Flixel
- timelapse: chronolapse
- graphics: GraphicsGale, Paint .NET, maybe even a digital camera!
- sounds: bfxr, Audacity, maybe even a microphone!
- music: probably (Wolfram Tones/ autotracker-bu)
- other: will try to get early builds available, as well as some blog posts & an early post-mortem!
I’m pretty sure I will bump into some problems along the way, so I hope to learn new things. :]
Good luck, everyone!