Second Ludum Dare for me and highly motivated again. I’m hoping to do something more experimental this time. My last entry was fine, but rather traditional.
Tools of choice:
- C# and XNA with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Farseer Physics, if the game needs complex 2D physics effects
- Photoshop and ASEPRITE for graphics
- Audacity, bfxr/sfxr and maybe my mouth for sounds
- cgMusic for generating music, and Anvil Studio/Audacity for finetuning (not sure about cgMusic yet. feels like cheating because the tool is really good at composing random music.)
I’m also using Base Code this time. It’s mostly all the basic functions like simple 2D animations, particles, scene layers and the landscape tile engine ripped from my last entry, just so that i don’t have to write exactly the same utility functions again if i need them.
Wasn’t very happy about the “Alone” theme last time. Something less generic would be great.
Anyway, let’s code!