Ludum Dare is awesome. I look forward to it possibly more than anything else. You guys are all awesome, and you make awesome games. Keep it up.
So. This LD is right in the middle of college. But that’s not going to stop me. I’ll just fail all my classes if it comes to that!
- Scala! I traditionally favor Python, but I think I’ll switch it up this time. I recently developed a game in Scala and it was surprisingly fun. It felt like Python with type checking. Plus, Java is cross platform so I won’t have any more porting headaches. That was always one of the worst parts about Python (and having to do it after the game was done, when I just wanted to sleep – ugh!) update: I didn’t actually use scala. Probably a huge mistake
- Graphics Gale – for busting out ze pixels in record time.
- FL Studio or Garage Band – I’ve been working on music recently, and it’s one of my goals to score well in the audio category.
- sfxr – This thing is invaluable.
- Coffee – sooo much coffee.
- Sleep – hah, who needs it in LD?
My goal continues to be humble: BEAT NOTCH. I also want to aim a little higher in the audio and graphics categories than before. I tend to be pretty lazy about graphics – aiming to change this