Ludum Dare 23 is getting closer! I’ve improved some of my applications since last time, and I have a lot more experience with the ones I’m keeping!
For the game engine….
- Unity 3d Free – I’ve had almost 2 years experience and created several games that (in my opinion) look better than the majority of Unity free games. (No offense, its just that the best Unity games are made with Pro, which makes sense)
For 3D Modeling…..
- Blender – I’ve had about 2 years experience and I learned mostly through tutorials. I’m not that bad at this either.
- www.pixlr.com – free alternative to Photoshop, though buggier and harder to work with.
- Garageband – yes it’s not Logic or Ableton or anything but it comes with iLife and it gets the job done if you know what you’re doing. I’ve been using this for a while and more recently I’ve been influenced by dubstep so be prepared if any songs I make for LD23 have dubstep elements…
- BFXR – Last time I used CFXR, but I found there were a lot more options in BFXR, so I stuck with it.
Once again I’ll be using Unity’s Standard Assets Package and maybe some from the FPS Tutorial. I’ll try to write as much scripts as possible during the LD, but if I’ve already written something in another game, and it means saving time, I might borrow it. Of course, it’ll be written be me, just before the LD.
Oh, and for timelapsing I use a terminal script that takes a screenshot every 6 seconds or so.
Also, be prepared for a special game surprise by Rob Productions in a short while! (Hint: turning my UnSuccessStory upside down!)