Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014! — Join the Mailing List!
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 78 days, 11 hours, 18 minutes, 15 seconds
  • (Time might be off, we’ll have it right soon)

Coming soon…

Posted by (twitter: @McFunkypants)
    March 22nd, 2012 3:04 pm

WOOT! CHECK OUT THIS AWESOMENESS! My book publisher just sent me this image. I’m very excited to announce that my latest book, The Game Jam Survival Guide is 100% done, edited, proofread, and laid out. It should appear on all online book stores the first week of April.

The Game Jam Survival Guide

The Game Jam Survival Guide

Tags: , , , ,

7 Responses to “Coming soon…”

1. digital_sorceress says:

Well done on getting it published :)

But I’d like to say something about the cover…The design would be well suited for a formal postgrad text. For a book about game jams, I’d personally have gone with a design that’s hand drawn and playful, so reflecting the mood of the jam.

2. Grungi Ankhfire says:

Awesome, and congratulations ! Cannot wait to read it !

Are there any talks of releasing a “dead tree” version ?

3. StarLight says:

10/10, would read

4. Eelfroth says:

What does the cover image have to do with game jams?

• digital_sorceress says:

It’s similar to Christer’s previous book on Flash.

It’s often hard to think of suitable images for the cover of academic texts, particularly in the mathematical sciences. In the olden days, publishers tended to use geometric patterns and diagrams, or occasionally photos of natural phenomenon that begged for some kind of mathematical modeling/simulation.

Random nature photos on computer science books are a bit of a non-sequitur, but it’s not unexpected nowadays.

I would guess that it’s much like how we have fruit / flowers / plants in modern offices: That in places far removed from the natural world (such as computer environments), seeing pieces of the natural world can be beneficial to our well-being.

5. Deza says:

Any chance of offering a a free copy? I’m kinda broke at the mo but I still want to read your book.