Hey guys, just thought i’d toss this out here for anyone interested. Finished a first “stable” release of my new sprite editor, It’s QT4 and written to be cross-platform but at the moment only downloads for linux are up, as I’ve yet to figure out how to use the mingw cross compiler with QT. Tailored for my engine’s format but the toolset can also easily export to png spritesheets.
- Onion skinning to help with animating
- customizable palletes w/ full save/load/rip from image support
- more color picking tools than you’ll ever know what to do with
- fully integrated with system clipboard so you can freely select, copy,cut, paste, etc..with other image editors
- large undo/redo bufers, specific to each frame
- live animation preview
- fast control scheme (mouse + command keys, or hotkeys control every action, all hotkeys are listed in the edit menu)
- customizable UI, all toolbars can be reshaped, floated, pushed behind tabs, hidden….etc
Still got a lot of bugs to work out, and missing features, but it’s at least stable and capable of image editing at this point. You can download it and try it here http://www.midnightfragfest.com/sprite-editor/
Edit: Windows download is now available, but somewhat untested, I would appreciate any feedback on how it runs.