I posted an extended version of my game. It only adds a difficulty setting, because most people found it too hard Yes, it IS actually very hard. But I wanted to make something more challenging and intense this time: it serves the ambient a lot to emphasize emotions (being chased and put on edge).
What went right:
- the animations: painting a dog walking was quite an amazing challenge to me, especially as Photoshop lacks good animation tools (unlike GraphicsGale). But I’m very proud of the result
- the particles: it was really quick to add fx in the game, I used a previous lib I made for the LD20,
- the gameplay: there is pro/cons about that, but compared to the previous versions I add during the weekend, the result works fine (not great but hey)
What went wrong:
- the difficulty: insanely high and lacks a good progression, fixed in extended version
- the music: when I added the “being chased” gameplay, the calm and moody music became awkward; it was not fitting at all anymore… But I kept it.
- the SFX: I like DrPepper’s SFXR a lot, but it tends to be repetitive after 4 LD entries… I definitely have to dig the Sfx question before next LD!
- the final sequence! I spent like 2-3 hours on it, and the high difficulty made it hard to actually see T_T