Well, the deed has been done! I’m really happy with the end result–maybe would have liked to have time to do a few more levels or so, but it’s okay.
I also managed to actually get the windows version packaged up properly–first time I tried it turned out I was missing a .dll from my package so it wouldn’t work on anyone else’s machine. D’oh! But it should work just fine now! It might still throw you a crash when you exit the app though…sigh.
OSX is pretty much hopeless in terms of a good portable bundle, I think. The good news is that on my machine it actually runs really well (still crashes on exit though…). You probably need to install Mono to be able to play it, and even then I wouldn’t get my hopes up. I thought about trying to just include the frameworks in the .app, but it turns out the mono framework is like 300MB or something ridiculous like that, so…well, I’ll spare you -that- trouble.
Linux is the front I’m currently combating right now…it works fine on my VM but my friend says it refuses to start, giving some crash or other. I’m trying to use another VM to test it…we’ll see how it goes.
But in terms of the actual game, I’m really happy with how it turned out. It’s even pretty polished, I would say. The only thing that’s bad about it right now is getting it to actually work…and hopefully that problem has been solved on windows, at least *crosses fingers*.
I should also add that I had a really great flash of insight when I came up with the idea of having a mirrored version of you. I probably didn’t explore that mechanic nearly enough in the game as it is right now, but after thinking about a whole bunch of other concepts (moving platforms, keys, switches, teleporters, lasers, …) this is the only one that seemed to make sense in an easy way.