I didn’t post another update last night because I was rushing to get as much done as possible; I wasn’t sure whether I’d make it. Things are looking good now, all I have left to do is create a couple more areas, a “game won” screen, and maybe improve a few minor things. I’ve got all the sound effects done, as well as the background ambience (although it seems FlashPunk has trouble looping audio perfectly). I’m definitely having fun writing all the text that goes in the notes, logs, and boards; if you play the game, be sure to read them all to get the most out of it.
Anyway, as usual, here’s a screenshot. It’s from the first area: