And things are going very well! Player is created, plus his bullets and the walls.
First, I drew some basic letters to serve as temporary sprites for the objects in game. I then got to work on the player. I created the four relevant objects and programmed in their behaviours. I then made the bullets for the player’s gun. Once again, four objects created and programmed. I tested it. Shots and movement worked beautifully. Sound effects made improved the mood.
I then discovered that after some movement improvements, my player now spawned shooting upwards at maximum speed. I created a fifth object, programmed its stuff and stuck it into the player’s programming. That fixed it.
I then decided to add some walls and mess about with them. After programming, I started a test. I discovered something alarming. Despite my best efforts, neither the player nor the bullets were effected in the slightest by walls. They just went through them. I worked quickly to patch it up.
And that’s what I’ve got done! Next is some enemies, then proper art, then level design, story stuff etc. At the rate I’m going, I may decide to stick in Multiplayer or powerups. Stay tuned!