Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014! — Join the Mailing List!
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 79 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes, 4 seconds
  • (Time might be off, we’ll have it right soon)

Upcoming Game Jams during Ludum Dare Weekend

Posted by (twitter: @mikekasprzak)
    December 3rd, 2011 11:00 pm

Here’s a list of real world game jams taking place over Ludum Dare weekend:

If you’re hosting a Ludum Dare related gathering, let us know! Make a post here on the site with details, and we’ll add you to the list!

More Ludum Dare Community News

And to tidy up the page, here’s more things going on in the community.

13 Responses to “Upcoming Game Jams during Ludum Dare Weekend”

1. Neilo says:

Anyone floating about Canberra, Australia for LD22 feel free to hit me up!

2. digital_sorceress says:

Can someone explain how the theme voting works? I didn’t see that in LD21 because I only arrived here after the contest had begun.

I see there are over 2000 themes on the suggestions list. I presume that’s the starting point, which has somehow got to be reduced down to 1. :)

• PoV says:

We prune the list over the weekend, then kick off several rounds of theme voting. A new round each day, until the final round where we take the highest scoring from all the prior rounds.

• digital_sorceress says:

okay, I am looking forward to the voting.

Over 50 of the suggestions were from me, and they were all sensible themes, so I’m excited to see if any will make it to the finals! :D

3. timgarbos says:

We are usually some people meeting up in Copenhagen, Denmark. I’ll post some more info soon’ish.

4. Yoman says:

Yoman from West Australia here. First proper LD, unofficially tried to make a game for LD21 but failed. THis time I’m better prepared. Expect cool pixel art, retro sounds and hopefully some neat features.

GM8.1/GMHTML5, sfxr, MSPaint.

5. Yoman says:

Whoops, wrong spot. Let’s try again.

6. TomK32 says:

No page for it, but in Vienna we can meetup at the Metalab hackerspace.

7. jonbro says:

I think that me and a few people are going to have a small meetup in dundee, scotland. hit me up on twitter (same username) if you want in.

8. thedaian says:

The Central Ohio Gamedev Group is holding a meetup for developers Saturday. Details here: http://www.meetup.com/The-Cogg/events/35095042/

Anyone from Ohio is welcome to stop by.