Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: ??? (Suggest a Theme)
  • Ludum Dare 30 Begins: in 22 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes, 53 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | MiniLD #53 ]

LD Gift exchange 2011

Posted by (twitter: @elcoino)
    November 7th, 2011 12:46 pm

Some of you might still remember the last years Ludum Dare gift exchange 2010. It was awesome. So this year we totally make another gift exchange for you all.

What’s it all about?

Well a couple of ludum darers subscribe to the gift exchange. Then everyone gets one person for match-up to send him or her a gift for christmas. Most likely that will be a person overseas, so it is even more fun because you get a gift from a different continent.

So yeah, it’s pretty easy, gather around 50$, buy a gift and send it out to the person you will be assigned to. Remember that shipping will cost around 25$ so you will have 25$ for buying a nice local present that is typical for your area.

Of course you could still add more if you like. I for one added a lot of small stuff to the present like local magazines, some local cookies and a free coffee coupon for a local bar.

How to participate?

Just subscribe yourself in this form and follow the instructions in the mail.

Further information will come in the subscription mail. Be prepared to go shopping and be ready to send out a package until 30th November. Oh and needless to say, everyone who participates will get a gift himself by another darer from another continent.

So yeah, subscribe and have fun.

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “LD Gift exchange 2011”

1. sol_hsa says:

I took part last year and it was a blast.
      Got probably one of the best Christmas presents I have received in ages, too.

2. Yes this sounds awesome, I’ll be able to get my first Christmas present this way.

Now who’s gonna be the lucky monkey that receives my 25$ worth of piping-hot poutine?

3. mrfun says:

Whee! Don’t fail me, secret santa!

4. vintersphrost says:

YAY, i’m in! :-D

5. KungPhoo says:

I’m in. This year I’ll send with a tracking code to make sure where it is.

6. MrPhil says:

Here’s hoping I get it off BEFORE Xmas this year!

7. droqen says:

I’m in! Did not even know this happened last year! Excitement. :3

8. Neilo says:

Sounds like a fun idea! I’m in!

9. Shelby says:

I would, but I don’t have $50 to spend on my indie-bros. Sorry, guys.

10. Stoney says:

Great idea, I missed this last year. I’m in.

11. online game key…

[...]Ludum Dare » Blog Archive » LD Gift exchange 2011[...]…