Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014! — Join the Mailing List!
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 78 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes, 47 seconds
  • (Time might be off, we’ll have it right soon)

Ludum Dare 21 Theme Voting Begins!

Posted by (twitter: @ludumdare)
    August 13th, 2011 5:13 pm

Theme voting has now begun! Tune in every day this week for a new round of theme voting.

[ ROUND 1 | ROUND 2 | ROUND 3 ]
    [ ROUND 4 | FINAL ROUND ]

Special thanks to Sos, Quin, and many others for helping prune the theme list.

Other News

Results for MiniLD #28 are Live!

Last chance to say “I’m In” and be part of the keynote!. Closed.

Breakdance McFunkypants is writing a book on Game Jams.

ghbrvlowabrvfladberogvlwrvfwlo games wants your games to put on CD!

Dark Acre Jack suggests Google Hangouts (video chats) during LD21. **WILD**

Arowx suggests adding tags to your I’m in posts. **NEW**

Important

We have now installed Caching (W3 Total Cache) on the LD Blog. Contact PoV (Mike K) or Phil Hassey if there are problems.

27 Responses to “Ludum Dare 21 Theme Voting Begins!”

1. Mikhail Rudoy says:

I don’t know what I would do with it, but I’m loving 4D :P

how about everyone else?

• Kvisle says:

I like it, and I know what I’d do with it. :)

• jonnopon3000 says:

I like the sound of the 4D theme too, and would love to see what people do with it, but I don’t know what I’d do with it. I’m not the most practised game programmer and I’d probably have to integrate some kind of story to justify the theme.

• shockedfrog says:

I think it’s a great theme – the definition of a dimension allows for a wide variety of ideas, yet the obvious (space/time) options mean it wouldn’t be too difficult for anyone to get involved. Plus the fact that it’s ‘4th dimension’ as opposed to ‘4 dimensions’ means technically there’s no need to incorporate the first 3. :)

2. I want to see Immortality or Waiting pull through… some powerful themes there.

3. Neilo says:

Mikhail: +1 for 4D too. I wonder what I could do for it though?

4. Killswitch says:

I’d like to have Maze.

Winter is kind of OK.

4D is a cool theme but I only want a theme where everyone can participate. 4D is kind of hard, though. :P

5. gustav says:

Please up-vote the specific themes, trying to work within or around constraints is the most powerful tool for creativity in LD in my opinion :)

6. Winterblood says:

Round 2 is not working – just tells me “You must be logged in to vote”, even though I am, and can see my Round 1 votes…

7. Pvaiun says:

Honestly my favorite so far has got to be Self Replication. Either that or looping, they seem to be perfect themes to tackle in a short amount of time.

8. thristhart says:

Self-replication gave me such a good idea that theme voting for me has become “which of these themes will work best with this idea.”

I wasn’t even planning on being in this LD! D: Guess I’ll be figuring out how to make it work.

9. johnfn says:

I usually vote on themes based on “how many different unique ideas could come out of this?” which is why I feel kinda strange seeing self-replication on top, even though I like it.

10. I like to vote based on “How fun would this theme be for everyone” rather than “how interesting is this theme to me” :)

4D is a terrible theme because it is so limiting as far as who can actually participate. That’s not easy to code, and cuts out loads of people who need to use Game Maker and the like. Hell, that’s hard to do in 3D!

That’s just an example, but I hope I’ve made my views clear.

11. johnfn says:

Can we put more emphasis on tagging posts with technologies? Like maybe put it under the ‘post a new post’ window so that more people see it? It’s a really good idea, but only helpful if everyone does it.

12. blahoink says:

i wish the kittens theme had a +500 button :3

13. pythong says:

Running? I want to see a gazillion canabalt clones :D…..WITH KITTENS!!

14. Shifty says:

I’m totally for a voice/video chat !! Like the TIG community have !

15. finalsin says:

Infected Kitten Madness is a three-theme winner right there.