It’s 6am here, I’ve been up for 24 so far and I have a hardcore intention of dragging along until sometime this evening to get the most out of the time I have.
About half the art is hitting a semi-decent retro style (FlxEmitter for the win!!!99!). I’m actually positively surprised with the animation quality on the few animations.
At this point the todo list is (unfolds napkin):
- The spear item. Collisions seem to be wonky when doing free-form rotations.
- Collisions in general. The hitboxes of zombies are very large and a bit counter-productive.
- Zombie types. There are four and they just need to exhibit proper movement.
- Point system (… I’m thinking “how many different items did you manage to work it with?”)
- Enter/exit cutscenes would be nice to add a bit of flavour.
- Art assets (polishes, improvements and actuals)
- Items (moar items!). The base class is flexible enough to have a relatively easy time of extending to some new uses.
A shoutouted poll, before last: what were the most ludicrous items you recall being proffered throughout your gaming career? Magic, talking swords with an aversion to the number 8, assortments of wines and spirits to “improve your sprirituality” or something even worse?
Finally, I’m impressed with the progress I’ve been able to make myself, but it’s easy to see the veterans at work. They talk of finishing engines and systems within mere hours and constructing what seems like monolithic designs within atomic time frames whilst still maintaining an art level unlike any I’ve seen this side of 6 am. I’ll be pleased if I just submit