Ludum Dare 31 — Coming December 5th-8th 2014! — Join the Mailing List!
  • October Ends: in 31 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes, 34 seconds
  • Ludum Dare 31 begins: in 66 days, 14 hours, 47 minutes, 34 seconds
  • (FYI: Clock might be off) | Ludum Dare 31: Real World Gatherings (Now Open!) | October Challenge 2014!

Live Ludum Dare Gamejam in SF on Friday, March 4th!

Posted by (twitter: @philhassey)
    February 24th, 2011 8:41 pm

terry has found a place for us to meet! This is what he says:

“Any indies still in San Francisco, we’re meeting for a jam at the noisebridge hackerspace Friday for the day! We’ll be there from 11am or so.
    It’s at 3rd floor of 2169 mission street, near the 16th street Bart station.”

Hope to see you there!

-Phil

13 Responses to “Live Ludum Dare Gamejam in SF on Friday, March 4th!”

1. PoV says:

One idea: park ourselves somewhere in Moscone (you only need a pass to get in to talks/expo center, and there are tables+chairs many places) – That way we can mooch off the WIFI. They’ll be kicking us out at 5’ish, so we’ll still need a place to go after (food?).

2. PoV says:

Do you like the idea of a Friday Jam? Let us know!

3. ExciteMike says:

Hells yes I like the idea of a Friday Jam :)

4. bigpants says:

Perhaps the Metreon food court?
      Never been, presumably no wifi.
      Everything I know can be found here:

If you hold your event,
      I shall swing by to defecate on the participants.
      TOJam 4EVAH!

5. If you can get as far south as San Bruno, there is a 24-hour Starbucks down there. (San Francisco proper probably also has 24 hour locations, but I would expect them to be horribly crowded)

6. jovoc says:

there’s been several game jam things at noisebridge, I’ve never been there so I don’t know what it’s like but that might be an option. It’s a short bart ride away from the Moscone. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge

There was a GGJ location last month (http://globalgamejam.org/sites/2011/socho) in walking distance from the GDC. I don’t know anything about that, but you might be able to contact the organizers and see if they could provide space.

Otherwise I can’t think of anything better than using the Moscone lobby or a nearby food court/cafe.

I really wish I could join you all. I’d so much love to do a LD jam type thing in person. But I’ve got family visiting so I can’t make it.

7. Super-Dot says:

I am down for a jam! The Glorious Trainwrecks jam last year was my favorite part of the wimpy student-pass GDC experience.

8. ExciteMike says:

Did we settle on a time and place? Last I heard we were saying 1pm @ noisebridge.

If it hasn’t been settled, I hereby propose 1pm @ noisebridge.

9. demonpants says:

…lame.

I can’t do a jan in the middle of the day, I have work. Well, have fun all. I’m getting sick anyway, so I couldn’t have stayed up.

10. philhassey says:

The location worked great! Thanks a ton to Terry for getting us the venue!

I even managed to get a partial prototype of a game up and running!

-Phil