Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: Connected Worlds
  • Judging Ends: in 13 days, 8 hours, 10 minutes, 51 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | Warmup Weekend (Games) | MiniLD #53 | Wallpaper (1) (2) (3) | Mailing List ]

[ Play+Rate | Edit | View All Games | My Game ]

MiniLD #23 Go!

Posted by (twitter: @grimfang4)
    January 21st, 2011 7:02 pm

Here goes!  The Title of your game must be a Year!  Feel free to use the round 6 variant: Game based on a year.

And the subtheme: Spring Physics
    If you’re not doing an action game, I suppose you’ve got to be creative! :)

Good luck to everyone out there.  See you at the end of the 48 (or during if you’ll be in IRC)!  Go LD, go!

Submit Here | View All Entries

13 Responses to “MiniLD #23 Go!”

1. PoV says:

I recommend this article regarding spring physics.

Easy to implement, and stable.

2. Interesting sub-theme, I cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with. I want to wish all participants good luck, and please remember to save often, and back up your data regulary. I am off to sleep, but will start on this in the morning.

//Digital Maniac

3. Sakar says:

Was hoping for a better theme. Oh well, there’s always next month.

4. pdistefano says:

Thanks PoV! Good resource…

5. Chaoseed says:

Man, I think this theme is too vague…you can really pick anything you want. In my opinion, Ludum Dare themes should be slightly restrictive, so they engender more ideas. I also think titles which are years are uninteresting titles. :P

6. Codexus says:

What’s wrong with you people? How could you not pick Kittens? It would have been awesome with the sub-theme too…

7. Devenger says:

Sub-theme is disappointingly restrictive, so I’ll give this a miss unless I’m struck with inspiration soon.

• Jonny D says:

It’s up to you to be restricted or not. Don’t sweat the theme if you don’t care for it. The subtheme (and technically everything about a MiniLD) is optional, but intended to help you come up with some never-before-seen fun.

• MrDude says:

It’s only restrictive if you aren’t clever and/or willing to “reinterpret” it. I’m using the spring equation (F = -kx) in a dynamic difficulty system.

8. Supermini_man says:

Too bad I didn’t know about this, I would totally “try” do something inspired on this (but a lot less awesome, since is very difficult to even equal the awesomeness of it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDr-UcPg91k