Well, Ludum dare 19 is over and the game is over. The final name is Discover the name (never changed it to discover the way).
I started the game with not too much time for the compo and I released a unpolished and unbalanced version but I already read some good comments for the game. For the jam, with a friend, we improved it a bit, because we felt the game worth the time, so people could play a better game.
In the end, there are three versions of the game, the competition version, the jam version and the latest stable development version. If we think the game has to be continued, the last one is the version that will be modified.
Remember, you could also go to our blog to see more games and stuff.
Now, a mini postmortem:
What went wrong:
- Game idea came on sunday, miss one day of development, cant force imagination
- Competition version is not balanced it right
- Level editor is hidden and not explained
- Few levels
What went right:
- Made a level editor provided an easy way to make a lot of levels, but… (last point on previous list)
- Movement feels right, a bit to sensitive, but based on a right idea
- Webstart platform, really really like to have an online available to all version from the beginning, to test, get feedback, etc.
Well, I cant think more pros and cons.
Enjoy the game.