Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: ??? (Suggest a Theme)
  • Ludum Dare 30 Begins: in 21 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes, 47 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals | MiniLD #53 ]

MiniLD #22 – Nov 26-28

Posted by
    November 12th, 2010 4:31 pm

The November MiniLD will be happening on the weekend of the 26th.  I’m announcing the rules now so that you have some time to think about what you would like to do.

The concept is Unfinished Business.

On the 26th, write a journal entry about a game that you created in the past, preferably a previous LD48 entry.  In the journal entry link to a build of the game in it’s current state, talk about where the game is at, and where you would like it to be.

Then, over the weekend do as much as you can to improve on your old game.  Submit your improved game after 48 hours, and be sure to link back to your opening journal entry in your submission.

The regular LD48 restrictions are relaxed for this MiniLD.  Do whatever you can to make your game as awesome as possible, as long as you still have the legal right to redistribute the game. (no copyright infringement allowed)

To submit:

To view all submissions:

22 Responses to “MiniLD #22 – Nov 26-28”

1. bear says:

I have an old 1D beat’em up game I was working on a few months back. I don’t have an old LD game I can really use, so its the best I have.

2. This is a FANTASTIC idea! I think there are a lot of us who have unfinished games from previous game jams and Ludum Dares that are begging to get a little TLC and bring to fruition. My unfinished TBS game thanks you! Time to dust off the source and try to get er done.

3. Folis says:

Nice Idea… gotta look if I have my old LD #18 project somewhere on my PC..

4. Olofson says:

For many years, I’ve been meaning to bring my old DOS Mode-X sidescroller Project Spitfire back to life in the form of an SDL port – but I just never get around to it.

Not be the most exciting game out there, but it might make a nice SDL programming example, sort of combining Fixed Rate Pig and Parallax and adding sound. Throw in a basic level editor, and people might have some fun with it.

• jovoc says:

wow Mode-X … that takes me back.

• Olofson says:

Those were the days…! :-D

Being a former Amiga coder, VGA Mode-X (triple buffered, hardware scrolling) was the only acceptable option. ;-) Not only that; the university had a lot of PCs with some strange VGA cards that just wouldn’t accept a screenfull of pixels per frame no matter what – but thanks to the hardware scrolling, I got a rock solid 60 fps on those too.

These days, brute force and 3D acceleration is the only way to go – and not even that is anywhere near reliable… :-/ Oh well. It is nice when it works, though; blending effects at minimal cost and all. :-)

5. Praetor says:

ooooh… that sounds awesome! And I’d have a perfect game to use… Unfortunately I’ll be home for thanksgiving weekend, and away from my desktop… I do have an old Dell machine at home though, maybe that’d work if I can get all my tools/dependencies installed on it…

6. 7Soul says:

I have a small game I made for a christmas contest 2 years ago, its actually finished, but its too simple and has some gameplay problems (game diffculty increases too fast, bosses have a ton of health, enemy projectiles are too hard to see, etc) and I could add online highscores and maybe some other features

7. Wiering says:

Great idea!!! I just don’t know which one of my unfinished LD entries to choose…

8. Olofson says:

Hmm… Or maybe I should just add sound, a level editor and some more enemies to Fixed Rate Pig?

(Or I just keep working on Kobo II. Then again, getting a break, and releasing something fun are both good things. Decisions, decisions… :-D)

9. MrDude says:

I’ve got loads of these kinds of projects! And it fits well for me, as I’ve been on a “Make games I’ve wanted to make for a long time” kick lately.

I’ve got it narrowed down to a few different old projects.

Likely to start early, to be honest.

At any rate, I’ll have closure on something. Yes! Yes! Yes! Go! Go! Go!

10. Terry says:

Interesting! I have no shortage of unfinished LD games I could return to. Will give this a shot :)

11. [...] screenshots, videos, and maybe early prototypes over the next few months. There’s also a Mini Ludum Dare this coming weekend, so I intend to make something small unassisted next weekend. Outside chance of [...]

12. Kurama_Youko says:

I’ll try to finish my horizontal shot’em up I’ve started for the October challenge: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~rcpinto/skywarriors/Main.swf (move with mouse, shot with left button, change weapon with scroll)
      I worked on it just a few hours and suddenly I got a lot of other things to do =/
      The basic idea here is a relaxing game where you can play only with the mouse, and can buy new weapons between stages… It’s intended to be added to Kongregate someday.
      Also, I’m using FlashPunk for the first time. Pretty awesome =)

13. Dezzles says:

The only thing I can really think of to work on is my LD18 project but I’m not sure I’d want to be working on that one

14. Raspadsistema says:

I’m joining this one I think. There are two possibilities, my one and only old mini-ld entry or an old game I started year ago and never finished.

15. [...] Dare MiniLD 22 – Nov. 26-28 http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2010/11/12/minild-22-nov-26-28/ Mini-LDs are the monthly Ludum Dare game jams. Informal and small. This month’s theme is [...]

16. [...] Dare MiniLD 22 – Nov. 26-28http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2010/11/12/minild-22-nov-26-28/Mini-LDs are the monthly Ludum Dare game jams. Informal and small. This month’s theme is [...]