Coded non-stop, lots of work done. I also worked some on artwork (they have eyes now). And I learned a lot about chipmunk. This is the first time I’m using a physics library of any kind but I’m very positively surprised. Chipmunk does everything right. C API. Simple, does just what it needs to. API makes sense and is easy to use. Good documentation and examples. Probably the first time I don’t find anything to criticize about a library I used. So, despite learning the API and spending time watching the examples, I probably saved a bit of time compared to if I had used my own line-line collision function as I did in the past. However I lost all that time because I decided to write my own XML parser instead of downloading expat or something. The problem is I need level data and just drawing them in Inkscape and reading in the .svg files seemed like the easiest approach.
What I have left for tomorrow is: Different kinds of monsters. Then using the weak monsters (the only ones you can really fight on your own) as weapons against the stronger monsters, beat the final boss.
If I had the time I could also add actual graphics and sound effects and music. And more gameplay effects like more varied monsters and more varied attacks. Alas, I have to work all Monday, so have to get up right around when LD ends – so I lose the last 6 hours or so. I also stupidly slept for the first 6 hours of the compo because I stayed up right until the theme was announced. And I’ll sleep another 6 hours now since I’m too tired to go on.