Yay #7 in Fun and Overall! Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated and voted! I only got to rate about 66% of the games thanks to a hectic couple of weeks, but I’ll definitely still have a look at some of the ones I missed.
Update: More final version released, (includes fix to the double jumping issue mentioned in the comments), here’s the mod db page for it http://www.moddb.com/games/island-hopping/
Thanks to homework and all sorts of unexpected junk these last couple weeks I wasn’t able to get this ready until now, I still have yet to make a web interface for viewing the high scores or a tutorial, but whatever…
Here’s what I’m calling the version 1.2 beta, it’s probably fairly buggy and missing things, but I think/hope it is significantly better than the compo version.
Tutorial is listed as an option, but I never got around to it, so just ignore it for now. Also, keep in mind that this is my first attempt at online leaderboard stuff, so I might disable it at any point (or it might break) due to unforeseen events.
Released a more final version on Mod DB: http://www.moddb.com/games/island-hopping/
- Improved double jumping (also double jumping is removed for hard and insane modes)
- Online high scores
- Local high scores
- More options (toggle music, allow internet access, field of view, etc)
- OGRE dialogue thing removed in favor of ingame options
- Jumping is now mapped to all letter keys, up arrow, ctrl/alt/shift/enter/space and mouse clicking
- All of those above keys also restart the game now (there is a 1/2 second delay to keep you from clicking right through it though)
- Misc bugfixes
- And probably more but I’m drawing a blank now…
Anyways, I’d appreciate any feedback, and I hope you enjoy it! I’ll probably keep working with it for a week or two, so suggestions are welcome.