I have all the tiles in now, and more sounds(“Expert!”). It was a bit tricky for a number of reasons:
- Still coming to grips with the way Pro Motion works. It’s a realllly powerful tool, but that leads to several kinds of modal situations that are unintuitive(working with alpha, picking up tiles so that they can be placed – for some reason you can’t just click in the palette).
- I also wasted time making tiles in an inefficient way or making tiles I didn’t actually need for the system I ended up using.
- I had to make a “chunked” tile engine based on the basic one, which splits each tile of collision into 4 graphical pieces. This also meant some data entry, fortunately I didn’t have too many pieces.
- For some reason, Firefox started caching the swf and refusing to let go. I finally got it going again by manually re-entering the URL.
- I also had to add a second layer of transparent 20×20 tiles on top of the background. This wasn’t tooo difficult but the swf-caching problem really slowed me down.
Anyway, now I think I’m going to do level design, get a title and win screen together, and call it done. I seem to be on track to use almost all the time available. This is probably the best I’ve ever done with any game jam situation, usually I get demotivated or stop at an early point