The timelapse video of me working can be found here. It’s only 22 of the 48 hours, since I turned my computer off at night and deleted the frames which where black due to my screen turning off from inactivity.
What went right:
- I had a lot of fun.
- I chose to not worry too much about graphics, theme, story, etc.
- Ran into no major time wasting bugs.
What went wrong:
- Scope of the game would have been better for a PyWeek.
- It would have been better to start with a library or codebase that handled much of the grunt work for me. Instead of working on a game, I spent a lot of time writing code for gui, animation, tilemap, resource management, collision detection, etc.
- I didn’t have anything a player could control until 3 hour from the deadline.
I’m thinking of trying to bring this game to a completed state within the next few days.