- Even though I wasn’t planning to take part, I still did and don’t regret it
- Managed to create a new game!
- LD is always kinda fun, and coding with Gosu is allowing to code in Ruby very fast
- Created a shooting game with a lot of enemy fire. And the flower effects went surprisingly well
- very happy that the radar worked correctly!
- when I was creating sound effects, they didn’t sound right and I took them out again. That was lost time. should have made bgm instead
- shouldn’t have made the enemies’ movement “random” . So some of them are having flowers, others don’t
- i know, the shootings are kinda crazy, but they aren’t crazy enough! ^^ should have been MUCH more
- i didn’t wanted to use wingdings as enemies, but, you know, no time and such. i also wanted to have them animated, but that would have taken even more time
- there’s a big performance problem if you get to the end. Reminder for myself: don’t make the collision calculations in the laser shots if you create around 360 every second, lasting for at least 10 seconds each
- i also wanted to add a possibility to move left and right, but having the calculations in euclidic dimensions crashed my brain at hour 42
So, this LD was a nice experience again! To all alpha-testers and fellow programmers: have fun!