Almost at the half-way point. I’m fairly pleased with where I’ve gotten.
The core gameplay tech is implemented and I’ve been able to iterate on it as I go.
I’ve rewritten my tile engine to use a .csv file instead of XML which has allowed me to use Excel as a level editor. While this took a good hour to do, it’s proving invaluable as I iterate on my level designs.
In Build 007 Levels 1 & 2 are playable at a prototype completeness level.
Playable version here: http://www.refrag.com/gamedev/ld-16/
I’m on-schedule. My plan was (and is):
- Friday: Prove Out core gameplay tech (done)
- Saturday: Build the game. Make it playable start to finish. Get to functional Alpha.
- Sunday: Polish, Polish, Polish. Add gfx and audio as time permits.